Streamline your operations, improve productivity
April 28 2021
The healthcare company is one of India’s largest medical groups, operating 14 hospitals in New Delhi, Punjab and North Anchor, and has a team of experts consisting of more than 2,300 healthcare professionals.
Hospital staff processes large volumes of patient data every day, from recording customer details to processing claims and coordinating data for government healthcare plans. Manual and manual processing is not only inefficient, but also error-prone, which brings great challenges to the group.
In order to better provide medical services to patients, The healthcare company decided to start a small-scale pilot RPA in two key areas: claims processing and client operations. Application business
1. Claims processing
2. Data coordination for the Central Government Healthcare Plan (CGHS)
3. Data Reconciliation for the Veterans Medical Insurance Fund (ECHS)
Before deploying RPA
1. Manually entering data and checking manually is not only time-consuming and laborious, but also has a high error rate.
2. The process is complicated and cumbersome, and the cycle is long. It also faces problems in information search and retrieval, tracking and document security.
3. There is a large amount of unstructured data and information that needs to be simplified. Due to unclear fields, formatting problems, and missing data, it is difficult to guarantee data accuracy.
4. The data is updated frequently and the amount of data is large. Employees cannot complete work on time and it is difficult to manage.
After deploying RPA
1. RPA has created a new data entry scheme for the CGHS and ECHS programs, and can log in to the ECHS portal through the URLs of 17 different hospitals and third-party administrators (TPAs).
2. A lot of business processes are simplified through RPA, which not only improves business efficiency but also shortens turnaround time.
3. After visiting the URLs of the 12 affiliated hospitals under the CGHS program, RPA will automatically read the patient records and verify the entry status.
4. After successfully verifying the data, the RPA will notify the relevant department via email.
1. Improvements in business and management efficiency have significantly reduced turnaround time (TAT). Among them, the turnaround time for claims processing has been reduced by at least half, while the turnaround time for CGHS and ECHS has been shortened by 65% -75%.
2. The RPA has a high return on investment. The group can reduce errors and recover payment on behalf of the company through RPA, which can save 10 million a year.
3. RPA not only simplifies the process, but also paves the way for improving other business processes in the hospital.
4. RPA can improve the security and compliance of data information.
5. RPA reduces the workload of employees, enabling them to do more valuable work and improve staff satisfaction.
6. RPA supervises hospital activities, increasing staff’s control over results and business planning.