The information technology (IT) department of Lenovo is responsible for collecting and implementing various information requirements of the whole group. For example, one of the IT Command Center team's tasks is to handle the accounts of over 40,000 workers and over 60,000 accounts, which require the interaction of more than 100 downstream application systems.
Although the account operation and maintenance processes, such as employee entry and exit, had been highly automated, changes involving employee titles or responsibilities could not be delivered through the automatic process. This was because they were associated with some special information changes in the account. The information had to be provided by email, and the IT Command Center team would complete the change manually.
To complete those tasks more accurately and efficiently while minimizing the negative impact of repetition of effort, the Lenovo IT Command Center chose to automate the processing through the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solution of intelligent automation provider Laiye. Laiye RPA significantly reduced the work intensity of employees and the chance of various human errors without making any changes to the existing information systems of the enterprise.
The RPA bot could run completely unattended and send email notifications to the "owner" at the end of a task that previously required repetitive human effort, including:
- Carrying out the account number and associated transfer procedure based on the information provided by HR about the outsourced transferee.
- Acquiring “rehire” activation code and making information statistics.
- Daily AD accounts (Active Directory, Domain Account) checking and disabling.
- Automatically record documents related to the daily creation of order numbers.
- Analyze, create, and disable the account's SLA (Service-Level Agreements) and the reports of its reasons.